Friday, September 10, 2010

so anyways...

time to continue my Paris story.

so we ended on Friday right before the bike tour started, and I highly recommend the fat tire bike tour for anyone going to Paris, Berlin, London, or ...dang I forgot the last city. But after walking around all day this bike tour was amazing! We started near the Eiffel tower and rode our bike's all around the city WITH traffic. It was pretty strange to be driving a bike next to a car, not that the cars here are much bigger. We saw so many big monuments and castles (i don't actually know what they were but they were all really cool!) and we stopped at Notre Dame which was incredible. Thank goodness for the hunchback story or they would have torn it down! Next we stopped at the "best ice-cream in Paris". It wasn't my favorite cause they didn't have normal flavors and the other flavors weren;t in English, but hey. By this point in my European travels, I'm kind of used to eating mystery food. So after that we continued riding, and we made another pit stop at Le Louve. I think this museum was the biggest and prettiest building in Europe so far. It was so huge and had details on every inch of the walls. Everything down the the concrete was pretty. It's something you should have on your bucket list if you haven't seen it yet. After spending about 20 minutes there, we continued until we got to a dock. Part of the Fat tire bike tour is a boat ride and it was so cool but so cold! They gave us wine (sorry mom) and we rode around the river looking at even more amazing buildings. The lights at night in Paris make the city look so pretty at night. Fun Fact: the Eiffel tower sparkles on the hour, and it was so amazing. Another funny thing about the boat tour was the native Paris people that hang out on the banks. I saw a few people peeing into the river, someone mooning us, quite a few people making out "french style" which is many levels about what American's think of as "French" style. PDA is not of the slightest concern to anyone in that country. There were also a few french people sitting on bridges yelling to us to "Go back to our own country! You are nt welcome here!" Our tour guide insisted that the yelling could be blamed on alcohol/drugs.

After the boat tour ended, we biked back to the shop we started at and my group went to meet Mark at the Eiffel tour. Our oat was late so by the time we got back the Subways were closed and so we were forced to take a taxi. Lukily, Mark was in the car because if we had gotten into a taxi with that man who knows where we would have ended up at... Mark said he was a crazy man. Never the less we got back to Mark's we all fell alseep so fast. (Remember: I had slept one hour the night before, and we got up at 4:30... it had been a loonngggg day). I had such a good night's sleep that night :)

I'm in the middle of reading my pathophys. chapter which is a glorious 60 pages long, so I'm going to continue that, but when I take another break I'll continue with Saturday in Versailles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment